cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Showing same dimension in multiple views on drawing.

ptc-5306718
1-Newbie

Showing same dimension in multiple views on drawing.

Hello!

Is it possible to show same dimension in multiple views using the "show model anotations" command?

I'm trying to make a table with dimensions from the model and when i put the dimension in the table the dimension disappears from the drawing. When i look in the drawing tree its suppressed and I cant find a way to bring it back.

Do anyone have a solution for this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

Hello,

No, you can't show the same "driven" dimension when you use "show dimension annotations". you must add a 2D dimension if you can show the same value of dimension 2 times.

For you second issue, you can show and get dimension in the drawing tree only if you are into the Annotate Tab !!

Regards

P-

Thank you for you awnser.

The strange thing is I stated doing the table with a few dimensions and then I made som views brougth the dimensions i wanted including the ones i had in the table. But afterward when im bringing the rest of the dimensions into the table the dimension disappears.

Markus,

Yes it's true, the dimension dissapears if she is in the table. It's a standard mechanism decided by PTC.

To retreive your dimension in the view, you must delete the dimension into the table then she re-appears automatically in your drawing.

If it isn't the case, open a call...

P-

My tips to see dimension in table & dimension in view ( sorry it's a french ui) added text before dimension.

Capture.JPG

Intresting that you tested as well and got same result.

In my case it will be some more work. First delete all dimensions, make the table and redo the dimensioning in the views.

But I find it strange that you can se the dimension suppresed (in you picture as well) but not retrive it in any way.

Simple, dimension appears in this state because she is in my table but I can delete it directly in the drawing tree. ( My release Creo 2.0 M070 )

After, I can pick on the feature (tree or view) and RMB show annotation and then she re-appears in the "show annotation window".

The dimension re-appears in the "show annotation window", but when you pick it and press ok its dont get viseable. But I can see it in the tree supressed. My release Creo 2.0 M020 and I have tested it in M060.

Pascal; I have seen some inconsistencies with your statement where a dimension used in a table should disappear. I believe it should do the same if it is used in a note. If I see this behavior again, I will submit it as a support case.

What will this mean "submit it as a support case"

Is it that PTC will look at the case and try to fix it?

Correct. Any new customer, or maintenance customer has access to technical support for whatever issue may arise in your daily work with your PTC products. People new to the program have 1 year support, and this support is optionally renewed on an annual basis.

Not all organization allow all their users to create support cases. Often, they want to do this through an administrator. To me, this is counter-productive unless the organization has a very active IT support for the users.

You will need some information about your company's account with PTC. One is the account number and the other is a support number. I am not sure if more is required, but you get the idea.

once you have access to the support pages and can create a case, PTC technical support technicians will try to resolve your problem and if they cannot, or need more information, they will likely contact you to go through the problem with you. If this leads to a problem that they have no answer too, they will submit it to engineering for a resolution. Some of those resolutions will result in an SPR (Software Performance Report) that will get prioritized on a list to be resolved in future releases (or they will tell you why it appears to be a problem, but it works as expected). Another advantage to making submitting a case is that the support tech can share the session on your PC to see what you are seeing.

There really is nothing to small to submit as a case. If you expect the software to do what you understand it should do (from help files or prompts) and it doesn't do it, you can submit the case. They will contact you and tell you how to use the command you feel fails and explain why it fails the way you are using it.

On rare occasions, as the software matures, these really are more often user errors rather than legitimate bugs. However, the important aspect is that these things have to be repeatable. A one time glitch is very hard to diagnose. Make the support case easy as possible. Save examples, know how to reproduce a problem. Be ready to share that session when you get the call.

Hope this helps.

Very helpful, thak you!

I'll try to report it to PTC.

Something strange just happend. I almost gave upp my table with dimensions and worked on with a simplified view to illustrate the holes in the modell in a better way. After that i retried to make the table, and it worked!!! The dimension did't dissapear. But at one moment i wrote wrong and when i corrected the note the dimension disappeared. The i right clicked on that cell in the table and choosed "delete content", wrote the dimension again, and it worked!

I don't know what the solution was, the simplified rep or the "delete content" command.

Top Tags