cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Shrinkwrap/Default Envelope Rep

ptc-6784318
1-Newbie

Shrinkwrap/Default Envelope Rep

I am trying to shrinkwrap Assemblies of my companies product for a customer to use in sales layouts and media. I have basically tried every option in the shrinkwrap window as well as using Default Envelope Rep to create the shrink wrap with varying success. On some of the larger assemblies with lots of components the shrink wrap excludes key components that make up the general shape of the project.

I am creating subsets to exclude internal components and even hardware to simplify the assemblies as best as possible.

Also, some of the components in these assemblies are not modeled accurately as they are upholstery items which are hard to model. In some cases the components are just place in the assembly with minimal constraints and at time are even over lapping with other components. I've noticed that the shrinkwrap will sometimes fail or generate errors when components overlap.

Any and all help is appreciated

-Dan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags