cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Shrinkwrap feature not updating in cabling

ST_9999820
4-Participant

Shrinkwrap feature not updating in cabling

Hello,

So recently I started implementing skrinwrap features on my skeletons for my routings on cabling. One issue I have been having is that sometimes it works perfectly when I delete a model or component from a higher level assembly and other times it just appears unusable, in other words, I try to update the skeleton (selecting automatic from manual) and the Reference tab doesn't allow me to select which body I want to delete. So here is the general process I'm following. 

Create Harness assembly -> create skel -> create shrinkwrap feature inside the skel -> grab manual bodies/surfaces -> select it as external shrinkwrap -> select manual updates -> ok

Is there anything I'm missing? Why sometimes it works as intended and sometimes it doesn't? 

Thanks and regards.

1 REPLY 1

Hmm, could it be that at some point your components are located according to the skeleton, and the cabling is routed between them, and then you copy the cable surfaces back to the skeleton.  Maybe somehow that creates a circular reference type of a situation?  I don't know; just wondering.  Creo regeneration process is often a mystery to me - especially when skeletons are involved!

Top Tags