cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Silent Install CreoView Express Fails

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Silent Install CreoView Express Fails

I'm trying to create a silent install for Creo 2.0 M160 and all the client side components.  I'm getting an error on the CreoView Express install:

Invalid Switch - "/vADDLOCAL="ALL""

The syntax for calling the installer in my batch file is:

start /w "\\server\creo_install_files\creo_2_m160\pvx32_64\CreoSetup.exe" /vADDLOCAL="ALL" /qn

This matches what is in the install guide for Creo 2.0 M080.  I do not have the install guide for M160, but the install guide for Creo 3.0 F000 shows the same syntax. I assume the Creo 2.0 M160 syntax should be the same.

Any insight as to what I'm missing?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Figured it out.  There are no quotes around the path to CreoSetup.exe:

start /w \\server\creo_install_files\creo_2_m160\pvx32_64\CreoSetup.exe /vADDLOCAL="ALL" /qn

not

start /w "\\server\creo_install_files\creo_2_m160\pvx32_64\CreoSetup.exe" /vADDLOCAL="ALL" /qn

--
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Figured it out.  There are no quotes around the path to CreoSetup.exe:

start /w \\server\creo_install_files\creo_2_m160\pvx32_64\CreoSetup.exe /vADDLOCAL="ALL" /qn

not

--
LinkedIn
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:dgschaefer)

Is this for Creo or Creo View?  I use that for Creo View.

You can also add this at the end to define the installation directory:

APPLICATIONFOLDER="C:\xxx"

Here are all the options.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS32319

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:STEVEG)

CreowView Express that comes with a Creo install.

--
LinkedIn
jwagh
17-Peridot
(To:dgschaefer)

Here is the code I use. When you use start with quotes, you need a title in quotes first. I put in blank. This is preferable, in case you have a space in your path.

start /wait "" "%InstallViewExpress%" /vADDLOCAL="ALL" /qn APPLICATIONFOLDER="%creo_load_point%\View Express\"

Top Tags