cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Single arrow leader for horizontal diameter dimension

cadbart
10-Marble

Single arrow leader for horizontal diameter dimension

Hi,

I've got a half-section of my cylindrical part on Drawing mode in Creo Parametric 3.0. In order to annotate the inner hole I created a horizontal dimension. The thing is I'd like to have single-arrow leader (which starts from hole outline that is visible on section view) instead of both-arrows leader which is given by default. How can I achieve that? I guess I should change some default parameters value but I've no idea which ones. 

Thank you in advance for all replies!

7 REPLIES 7
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:cadbart)

Without an image of what you have I am guessing what you have.  Select the dimension and in the Dimension tab select Display button.  Change Configuration to Leader and select Flip button until desired leader is shown.  Select Orientation button to change between radius and diameter if needed.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
cadbart
10-Marble
(To:kdirth)

Hi kdirth, thank you for your reply! Flipping choosen dimension causes rotation of both dimension arrows. Sorry, I know I should attach the image but I couldn't do it at that time. Now look at the picture below, please. 

creo_1.png

Let's say I've got the part and its hole dimension as in the picture above. The thing is I'd like to make this dimension single-arrowed so that the other witness line was not visible. Just something as below:

creo_2.png

Above dimension has been modified in Paint (in order to show you my intent) but this is what I'd like to achieve in Creo 3.0. 

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Not sure that it is a proper way to dimension, however, something close can be done.

Create a dimension, picking the wall then the axis, and place it.  Select Display and check the box for Double Value.  Next select Flip to get an acceptable arrow.  I would also suggest adding the Diameter symbol in the Dimension Text.

kdirth_0-1617043467926.png

cadbart
10-Marble

Thank you, your solution is interesting and could be usefull in future, but seriously there's no more "cleaner" way to make such dimension? I'm pretty sure this type of dimension is possible to make in Creo because I already used that (e.g. inside detailed views). Instead of tinkering with various options of dimension which will only change its appearance I'd just love to make it exactly as in the picture above in order to change its real state (not only appearance).   

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Have you tried simply erasing the witness line.  With the text above the leader Creo cuts the leader in half.

cadbart
10-Marble

Oh, that's great way to get the dimension you told about! Now the last thing is to remove the arrow from the side of erased witness line because in current state there's something like this:

2021-03-31_20h29_31.png

 The only thing I need to do is removing the right double arrows. Can I achieve this in Creo?

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Flip arrow side in the toolbar.

Top Tags