cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Skeleton, layout and relation question

cdown
4-Participant

Skeleton, layout and relation question

Guru's

I don't know if what I'm asking can be done but thoguht I'd ask anyway?

I have an assembly #1which has two jaws in it driven by a skeleton and layout. This assembly is used in 4 different top level assemblies where the jaws need to be in different positions (driven by layout). Is there a way I could write a relation or such like to say when assembly #1 is called up in the higher assembly toset parameter (the layout parameter which drives the jaw spacing) to X? so as automatically I can have 4 assemblies but with different jaw sizes?

I know I can do this with family tables and not use the skeleton but thats not the way we want it to work

I don't know if I've explained this well enough but hope you get the idea

cheers

Colin

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I don't know if you're wanting the jaws to articulate open and close or not but I've used relations in assemblies before that control datum dimensions either to give motions to a slide or rotate around an axis. It's basically IF statements that give values so that each time you regen the values change and the parts/assemblies move. If you use connections instead of static constraints on the jaws I would think creating as many subsets of hinged datums as you need in your top level which have their own sets of relations to control them would work? There are examples to be found on here on the Users site for this, it's adapting what you find to your specific purposes that gets tricky...trial and error.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags