cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Sketcher Dimensioning Issue

sstavos
1-Newbie

Sketcher Dimensioning Issue

I have just upgraded to Creo 2.0 from Wildfire 4.0. While creating a sketch I change the weak dimensions to strong Creo wants me to edit the value of the dimension. I don't always want to do this, how do I stop this? Is this a config setting?

Also, I have noticed when I first create a sketch and Creo gives the default weak dimensions, I redimension the sketch and with every created dimension Creo forces me to edit dimension as soon as create the dimension.

If anybody has any advice please let me know,

Steve

sstavos@crenlo.com

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Just ignore it 🙂

You can edit the dimension if you want but you do not have to, just go on to create and place your next dimension or go on to strengthen your next wek dimension

So, I should just get over it and move on? It used to be I could create a sketch at the approximate size and then create a dimensioning scheem that made sense for that feature then go back and edit dim values.

You can still use it in EXACTLY the same way as you did before - just ignore it 'offering you' the chance to change the value and go on to whatever you want to do next, the little value edit box will just disappear.

I see what you are say'n just keep working on the sketch and it will automaticly cancel the little dialog box with the next action. Also, a mouse right click cancel the dialog box.

Top Tags