cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Sketcher hole problem

BobSchwerdlin
3-Visitor

Sketcher hole problem

Pro/E WF 5.0
Build M040

I'm trying to use a previously saved sketch of a dowel pin hole. I've been using this same 8mm dowel pin .sec file since WF 2.0 with no problems, but since moving to WF 5.0 a few weeks ago, I cannot get the section file to place the hole in a plate. The section has a stepped hole diameter - 8mm slip fit on top and 7mm knock-out hole on the bottom. If I create a straight hole, then it works as advertised, but a retrieved hole .sec file... no way !

I get an error message related to a problem with the axis. This is complete Bullsh*t because I just created the axis using two intersecting datum planes. PTC knowledge base shows nothing related to this issue. PTC update advisor from M040 to M060 does not mention this as a bug fix.

I tried calling PTC tech support and it (the computer activated system) was in the process of transferring me and then it dropped my call.

Any thoughts related to the .sec hole problem and not the PTC dropping my call problem?

Thanks,

Bob

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Yup, that did it !

I can't believe it. I've used this same sketch section for years without a problem. STUPID PRO/E !!! (WF 5.0 BAH-HUM-BUG) No love.

Here's the fix:

1. Hole icon
2. Select the Sketch hole icon
3. Select open folder
4. Select the appropriate sketch section to retrieve
5. Now in sketcher mode
6. Select the hole centerline in the sketch
7. Select the Sketch Menu at the top
8. Select Feature Tools
9. Select Axis of Revolution
10. Save the sketch.

Updated all my hole sketches and they now work correctly.

Thanks Richard !

Bob

Hi Bob,

Have you tried placing your sketch in the Sketcher Palette and use that functioninstead of using sec retrieval? It should be much faster than what you are currently doing. I would be happy to review this with you via G2M if you would like.

Doug

Hi Doug,

That's an excellent idea, placing the dowel pin hole into the palette. Thanks for your offer, but I'd like to try on my own first and maybe call-in later, if necessary.

Bob

Top Tags