cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Solidworks vs proe

rohit_rajan
13-Aquamarine

Solidworks vs proe

This post is solely for the love of proe

There are many things which solidworks cannot do..but which proe can do and solidworks is trying to catch with every release...

We cannot sweep on both sides of the guide curve in solidworks....if the section is in the middle..

This feature will be added in solidworks 2016

What we proe users take for granted..is not available in solidworks...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Try this in S/W:

2015-06-01_ARANCA_LOOP.jpg

Here are a few I've found:

• Change a round feature from constant to variable and back.  In SW, once created, a round type cannot be changed.
  • Change a feature from a solid to a surface, a cut to a protrusion or from solid to thin at any time.  In SW these are all separate functions and the only option is to delete and recreate.
  • Copy a surface. In SW you must offset at a zero distance.
  • Change a draft from a curve based hinge to a planar hinge.  In SW once created, the hinge type cannot be changed.
  • Use insert mode in assy.  Not possible as of SW 2014 that I can tell.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:dgschaefer)

Is there a "restructure" command at the assy level in SW?

You can restructure through drag and drop.

--
LinkedIn
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Moving a part from the top assembly (constrained/in BOM) to a lower-level assy and vice-versa?

I'm not sure, I haven't played with it that much.

--
LinkedIn
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

That's what I mean by "restructure".  Not simply moving a part around WITHIN an assembly in the model tree (reorder).

Sorry, yes, I was able to move it from a sub-assy to the top level.I didn't simply re-order.

I didn't investigate what that might mean for assy mates nor did I try many combinations, I simply dragged a part out of one assy into another.

--
LinkedIn
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Thanks!  I remember when they added that command.  VERY handy!

Top Tags