cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Some models in PRT do not want to open

Jacko1
3-Visitor

Some models in PRT do not want to open

For my school we are using Creo Parametric 6.0.2.0 student. I have done quite a few designs but have ran into a small problem.

All the computers I am working with have the same version.

I have saves as a .prt each time I do a few changes, and each file has like 14 saves.

There are 8 different files in their own folders which are in one folder together.

The problem is that out of the 8 different ones, 2 will load back into Creo 6 OK. 

The others just crash the program back to the desktop and saves a traceback log.

I have tried on different computers including laptops and they are all doing the same.

Other files are ok to use, it seems to be just these ones.

I've even tried to load the first one of the same model with 14 saves and that does the same.

Done a disk check - no errors. Checked a backup of each one on a removable hard drive and they do the same.

Home computer is I5 8th gen, 1050 Nvidia card, plenty of ram and SSD space running windows 10.

It seems weird that other files are OK. I did have this done once before to one file but didn't worry about it.

Is there any way to 'fix' the file so at least it reads it?

John

8 REPLIES 8
Jacko1
3-Visitor
(To:Jacko1)

I think I have found a way around the model. Luckily I had almost finished it.

I opened it in Autocad fusion 360 Student as a mesh from the latest STL that I usually save it in when I do the .PRT part save.

Then changed it to convert mesh to make it a solid.

Saved as a step file.

Import into Creo Parametric as a step and used the auto render function.

Model is there and I can now finish off the drawing.

Sometimes playing around with things like this is a lesson in itself!!!!!!!!!

But if anyone has a fix for the original file, please advise me?

John

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Jacko1)

Your issue is likely model specific or a problem with your method of doing stuff. It's not a normal thing to happen so there probably isn't a simple "do this". 

To help you troubleshoot the problem, if you upload one of the files that doesn't open (you have to zip first), maybe someone can help.

Using a imported model may be your quick fix, but what if you needed to make one dimensional change. It wouldn't likely be simple.

INFO: Model saved with Creo using Student license cannot be opened in Creo using Commercial license.

Martin Hanák

All computers are Creo Student and the same 6.0.2.0, but thanks for the heads up.

I believe Martin was warning you that most of the people on these forums who have a lot of experience are working with this software as part of their jobs, using the commercial version of the software. This means that any models you have created with the student version will not be accessible to them. Thus, determining any problems will not be possible if it entails actually loading your part(s) in.

Ahh, I see what you are getting at.

John

As requested, here is one of the files in Zip. It is the lounge car of a train we were asked to do.

I also put the STL so you can see what it should look like.

@MW_9532122 wrote:

As requested, here is one of the files in Zip. It is the lounge car of a train we were asked to do.

I also put the STL so you can see what it should look like.

Hi,

I can open loungecar.stl in Creo 6.0.5.1,

All four versions of loungecar.prt were saved in Creo 2.0 M120.

MartinHanak_0-1708955381327.png

You can add following option at the end of config.pro to eliminate graphic card driver problem. Do not forget to restart Creo.

graphics  win32_gdi

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags