cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Sort by Configuration in Repeat Region

ES_9559320
4-Participant

Sort by Configuration in Repeat Region

I have a repeat region BOM set up for an assembly with a family table of 3 configurations (-1, -2, -3). Currently all of the components are sorted by name, but I would like to sort such that the -1 components are grouped first sorted by name, then the -2 components, then the -3. Is this possible? I tried using a relation that checked if the qty_m#r# existed (what showed up for the column when I switched symbols) and set a parameter to a different value based on the result, but that didn't seem to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I've attached a zip file with a test drawing that resembles my situation.

3 REPLIES 3

@ES_9559320 wrote:

I have a repeat region BOM set up for an assembly with a family table of 3 configurations (-1, -2, -3). Currently all of the components are sorted by name, but I would like to sort such that the -1 components are grouped first sorted by name, then the -2 components, then the -3. Is this possible? I tried using a relation that checked if the qty_m#r# existed (what showed up for the column when I switched symbols) and set a parameter to a different value based on the result, but that didn't seem to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

please do following:

• create test data capturing your design (parts, assembly, drawing with repeat region)
  • zip all files into single zip file
  • upload zip file

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I've created a test drawing with the repeat region BOM that resembles what I am working on. I've also included a picture of the BOM below. I would like to sort the lower region such that the -1 items are first, then the -2, then the -3 current (in this case, would be accomplished by swapping index 3 and 5). I was hoping to find a way that doesn't involve fixing indexes.

ES_9559320_1-1603294884122.png

I noticed that when I tried sorting by one of the rpt.qty columns, I got the below message, so maybe it is not possible, unless there is a workaround method.

ES_9559320_0-1603294843951.png

Another thought I had was that maybe I could sort by assembly name, but it seems the sort function only works on parameters that are shown in the repeat region. I tried adding the assembly name to the repeat region to test this, but still did not get the desired result.

@ES_9559320 wrote:

Hi Martin,

I've created a test drawing with the repeat region BOM that resembles what I am working on. I've also included a picture of the BOM below. I would like to sort the lower region such that the -1 items are first, then the -2, then the -3 current (in this case, would be accomplished by swapping index 3 and 5). I was hoping to find a way that doesn't involve fixing indexes.

ES_9559320_1-1603294884122.png

I noticed that when I tried sorting by one of the rpt.qty columns, I got the below message, so maybe it is not possible, unless there is a workaround method.

ES_9559320_0-1603294843951.png

Another thought I had was that maybe I could sort by assembly name, but it seems the sort function only works on parameters that are shown in the repeat region. I tried adding the assembly name to the repeat region to test this, but still did not get the desired result.

Hi,

I am sorry I can't help you because your files were created in educational version of Creo. I can't open these files.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags