cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

St. Patrick's Day Design Challenge

HEvriviades
1-Newbie

St. Patrick's Day Design Challenge

3-12-2013+7-15-20+PM.png

Hi everyone. We are kicking off another design challenge in honor of St Patrick’s Day this weekend and inviting you to show the Community your best 3D shamrock, rendered pot of gold, celtic design or whatever you like with this theme in mind!

Simply reply to this post with a screenshot, attachment, file or link to your creation.*

Have fun and we can’t wait to see your creative designs. Each entry will automatically be entered into one random prize drawing for a flip cam and PTC t-shirt as a small token of our thanks for your work.

*Designs must be created with PTC software and submitted by Monday March 18th 5:00 EST PM to be entered in the drawing. Please be sure to include a screenshot/image format of your submission, so that as many people as possible across the entire PTC Community can see it. Thanks everyone!

For reference, see our recent Valentines Day Design Challenge http://communities.ptc.com/message/196989#196989

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

Here is my own design (created with Creo Parametric 2.0) for Saint Patrick's Day

4K_Saint_Patrick

4K_Saint_Patrick

4K_Saint_Patrick

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Thanks for the first submissions Vladimir, they are great! And... is that you in the 3rd design? (:

Hi Heidii, it is my pleasure being a part of PTC Community.

.. no, on this design is "Creo Manikin" as Saint Patrick ,

but here you can find me personally - pumpkin design.

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

it is awesome..

Hello Vladimir, nice work!

How did you setup the rendering to get such good quality images? I setup to maximum quality rendering but I get images that have only 100kb

With Creo ARX do you have a lot of option how you can increase the quality of your images and with base Creo configuration you can set perfect quality for entities (surface/edges quality, etc.)

If you combine this knowledge ... do you have a perfect images

Thanks Valeriu,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
bp
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:HEvriviades)

Just created in Creo 2.0 M030.

The spline curve tool in sketcher I found very usefull.

The shamrock was extruded with help of a draft-feature-offset on a curved surface.

Then I added fillets to hide the edges, but this was very challenging..

Perhaps someone knows how to punch a form with nice rounds in a curved solid?

bjp-keyshot3-02.jpg

HEvriviades
1-Newbie
(To:bp)

Fantastic, gets me in the spirit for this weekend! And everyone, make sure to look very closely at the frothy shamrock (:

Thanks to those of you that submitted designs, over 100o people viewed and enjoyed them! There are some creative PTC Creo-ers among you all! The winner for the St. Patrick’s Day contest is: Vladimir Palffy

4K_Saint_Patrick%27s_Day-02.jpg

Congratulations, Vladimir!

Vladimir, I'll be in touch privately to arrange your prize.

And stay tuned for our next contest. If you have any suggestions let me know.

Thanks everyone!

Heidii

Way to go Vladimir!

Thanks all

I will continue ...

... and, if you ask me for another challenge - I think we can try 3D contact with creo Parametric or Freestyle challenge - what do you think?

- here is some ideas for you:

3D contact with Creo Parametric 2.0

Video Link : 1289

Video Link : 1285

and

Happy Halloween

Fridge

I'll stay in touch

Thanks one more time,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy