cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Strange graphics issue in drawing view

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Strange graphics issue in drawing view

Hi all, I have an issue with a drawing I have produced recently. I essentially have a drawing view of a profiled cylinder & have this weird double line in the areas I have radii. I have attached a screen shot of the offending lines. When the drawing is exported to a dxf or dwg format this behaviour is also exported. I have experienced this in the past & I am sure cured the issue with some setting but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get rid of these extra lines now, to leave a single line profile. If I create an area cross section through the cylinder & then update the drawing view to be the same I get the result I desire, a single line but I shouldn't have to go to those lengths. I am sure it is an Entity Display setting or some other Model Display setting but which one. Any ideas? 

John 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I am just curious. I created test files in Creo 4.0. Extra lines do not exist.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, I create these cylinders all the time & don't usually see these extra lines. I don't know why they are visible in this instance.

John

@John.Pryal wrote:

Hi Martin, I create these cylinders all the time & don't usually see these extra lines. I don't know why they are visible in this instance.

John

Hi,

I guess you cannot upload your files ...

If you open my file, is the result OK ?

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, sorry I cannot upload my original files but I will try to replicate the issue with a simplified model & drawing when I get chance.

John

I'm kind of remembering getting oddball results with large arcs in the past. They'd get faceted and look goofy. Maybe it's too simple a guess but how about the setting shown in the attached image?

Since you said you have many other parts with the same type of geometry and they're fine, I doubt my answer is right, but there it is anyway.

Display Options.png

Hi Ken, that was the first thing I checked. I have edge display quality set to 'very high' in my config.

John

Top Tags