cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Stubborn Suppressed Features

wattyinabq
1-Newbie

Stubborn Suppressed Features

Pro Gurus,

I inherited an older part model that has numerous problems. There is one that is my biggest pain. It is a patterned group of several features. When I started with the model a regeneration resulted of some failed features. I just suppressed the problem features figuring I would work my way through each problem. Now the aforementioned patterned group is suppressed and will not resume to a failure that I can fix. Apparently there were internal datums that are now missing. An error.lst file lists the problem features and datums when I try to resume. I know what the features are suppose to look like. So I was just going to delete the mess and remodel it. But there are features referenced by geometric tolerances that cannot be deleted.

So I can't resume and fix. And I can't delete the stubborn features and start over. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running WF-4, M220 on Windows 7.

Thanks!

Bill Watkins
Sandia National Laboratories
Mechanical Design Dept. 2998
PO Box 5800 MS 1172
Albuquerque, NM 87185
505-845-9666

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Bill,

You should be able to "resume all" and get the features back. It may get ugly...but in theory it should be possible.

Since you have internal datums you will need to deal with each feature's attributes individually and, most likely, in one big singular action. Save a "before" version to reference before you start your trek.

You stated you know what the datums need to be. That will be important as you move through the resolve.

Click"resume all" and when you are faced with a missing reference, click the "pause" icon and create it. Make sure you get the orientation and direction correct for the feature's sketch plane/reference. Uncheck the pause (resume feature), then replace the missing with the one you have just made. Rinse and repeat.

FYI....to all listening. Grouping features is generally a much discretion.

Dean

Top Tags