cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Stuttering mesh displaying

OPAL_FEM
1-Newbie

Stuttering mesh displaying

Help !

Hi Users,

we encountered from WF5 to Creo 2.0 stuttering displaying performance of meshed parts/assemblies with solids.

It can't be our 5000€ workstations with 10 GHz, 32GB RAM and 2000€ Nvidia Quadro 4000.

To view the mesh is usefull when adjusting element size for assemblies with SinglePassRun (p=3) or contact statics

Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Andreas,

10 GHz - that's quite some overclock! Are you sure?

In general I've found that Creo has some improvements in the code when displaying edges in 'normal' modelling mode, but I haven't tried viewing a large mesh.

1. What exact CPU do you have (complete model name, e.g. Xeon W3550)?
  2. If you open Task Manager and look at the Performance tab, set to show One graph, all CPUs, what CPU Usage value do you get while you're viewing the mesh and the 'stuttering' is happening?
  3. Also, by 'stuttering' do you mean that it moves smoothly with occasional 'freezes' or stops; or is every change of view slow (i.e. a low frame rate)?
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:OPAL_FEM)

In general graphics performance issues in Creo are often related to selection filters. In Creo they are mostly allowing everything to be prehighlighted (General in part or assembly mode), while in older versions it was more limited by default.

In Simulate while showing the mesh in Creo 2.0 the default filter is All Selectable - maybe it was different in older versions and you should change the filter in Creo 2.0, too? (just an idea)

Top Tags