cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Summary: Curiosity regarding Layout use

DeanLong
10-Marble

Summary: Curiosity regarding Layout use

Much to my surprise...the Layout lives!

I received about double the responses through email than on the forum, all supporting, quite eloquently I must say, their support and use of layouts. It is indeed still in wide use and tremedously valuable in many sectors of product development.

I supposed I should not be surprised. My projects tend to be one-off, one-time, unique projects. I simply forgot that it is a mass produced world and that the spoiles go to those who are sneaky, adeptand efficient. 🐵

The overallthemefrom all was sketching in Layout was in need of a major overhaul. One compared it to sketching in Rev 10...ouch. Do you all remember those days?

Think of it this way. What Reps do to avoid the data drag on the hardware cache, layouts can do at a somewhat fundamental level with regard to required data to configure things.Sure, there is some set-up...but what doesn't have that task?

Thanks all for the enlightenment.

Carry on.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags