cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Summary1- Hidden Tables In Format

MikeBills
7-Bedrock

Summary1- Hidden Tables In Format

Thanks for the replies/suggestions, but I still do not have a solution. It seems that others have or have had this problem too. Most have suggested looking to see if the objects are on a hidden layer in the format. When only the format (.frm) is open I don't see an option to get to layers (maybe I'm overlooking something). After the format is placed in a drawing, no layers are hidden.

There was also a good suggestion about using -Format, -Symbol Gallery, -Delete to remove any old/unused symbols. Although there were a bunch of unused symbols, this did not cure my problem. I've attached the culprit format in case anyone wants to work with it firsthand. Thanks for any additional help.

Mike Bills

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

If I understand the problem correctly, open and edit the format file
(.frm) directly to remove the unwanted tables, and save the format.

To update an existing drawing, right click on the drawing background and
select 'Page Setup'. Then click the format for the existing page and
re-select the format (even if it didn't change). This will prompt you
to update the format, and delete or keep any old tables. (At least in
WF4)

BTW, any parameters will carry forward, but watch out for date fields.
Created on dates 'update' to the current date, and then stay that way.

Happy holidays to all,

peace on earth and goodwill towards all,

Christopher Gosnell

TRIGON INC.
FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317
PH: 724.941.5540
FX: 724.941.8322
www.fpdinc.com

The extra tables may be part of the drawing template- not the format.
(That's where we put them on their own layers.)

GE Healthcare Technologies
Clinical Systems
Monitoring Solutions
Eric R. Slotty
Mechanical Designer
8200 W. Tower Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53223
Phone: (414) 362-2552
Fax: (414) 362-2880
e-mail: -
Visit Us On The Internet:

Chris, unfortunately these steps have already been attempted. When working directly with the .frm you cannot see the tables, they only appear after placement. The previous attachment can be used to better demonstrate the problem.

Mike Bills

I don't believe that they are part of a starter drawing template since it happens when added to every drawing I've tried (different formats and size each case). Please keep any additional suggestions coming. Thanks.

Thanks to everyone who responded, especially Dan Wolf who supplied the following solution.

Open the format, select everything and chose Edit / Move Item to Sheet. This creates a sheet 2 with all the format data on it. Then remove sheet 1. Now when you add the format to a drawing, you should not see those tables.

Mike Bills

Thanks Mike, I checked again, and I get the tables when I use a specific
drawing as a template to create a new drawing.

Christopher Gosnell

TRIGON INC.
FPD Company
124 Hidden Valley Road
McMurray, PA 15317
PH: 724.941.5540
FX: 724.941.8322
www.fpdinc.com
Top Tags