cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Suppressed features and mass

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Suppressed features and mass

We are on WF4.

We are planning to start adding a mass analysis feature in the Footer of our model. We will also be adding a relation to the modelin the Post Regeneration area MASS_PER_PIECE=MASS:FID_MASS and a notein the title block on our formats: WEIGHT: &MASS_PER_PIECE lb

During my testing if i change the value of a dimension then the value on the drawing automatically updates just by switching from the model to the drawing. Great. Works like a charm. But ifI suppress a feature in the model the value on the drawing does not update. It will only update after I regenerate the model.

We do not have the the mass_property_calculate set in our system config and do not want to set it to automatic.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get thevalueto update automaticallyin our title block without us having to hit the regenerate?

Steve G

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

The way to get it to automatically update in your title blockIS through the use of mass_property_calculate set to 'automatic'.

You could try Edit > Setup > Mass Props > Generate Report. See if that updates your MASS_PER_PIECE parameter. While it's not automatic, like the config option, you could make a mapkey to speed it up.

In Reply to Steve Galayda:

We are on WF4.

We are planning to start adding a mass analysis feature in the Footer of our model. We will also be adding a relation to the modelin the Post Regeneration area MASS_PER_PIECE=MASS:FID_MASS and a notein the title block on our formats: WEIGHT: &MASS_PER_PIECE lb

During my testing if i change the value of a dimension then the value on the drawing automatically updates just by switching from the model to the drawing. Great. Works like a charm. But ifI suppress a feature in the model the value on the drawing does not update. It will only update after I regenerate the model.

We do not have the the mass_property_calculate set in our system config and do not want to set it to automatic.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get thevalueto update automaticallyin our title block without us having to hit the regenerate?

Steve G

The only other way I know to update mass property values is to manually
run the Analysis, Model, Mass Properties.

Btw, I had the calculation in my footers, but it was killing us taking
extra regenerations/regen time so we went through some pains to remove
it.

While you used to "need" it , WF4 automatically calculated a system
variable pro_mp_mass which you can access without extra overhead.

Regards,

Walt Weiss

TimMcLellan
6-Contributor
(To:STEVEG)

I had passed this on to Steve...

Create the analysis feature and move it to your footer.

Then add to your format a table (can be one or a cell in another table) and
add the note referencing directly the FID from the analysis feature.

&<mass from=" analysis=">:FID_<your analysis=" feature=">

You should not need the extra PART relation

This assumes you do not have "automatic" mass calculations. However, it
should not matter for the analysis feature.

Tim McLellan
Mobius Innovation and Development, Inc.
Top Tags