cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Suppressing a feature with relation driven by parameter?

jlozano
1-Newbie

Suppressing a feature with relation driven by parameter?

I am working on a family table for a part family.

The part family has various sizes but all are in 3 main bodies, so I created some parameters and relations to drive the positions of the bolt holes depending on which of the 3 main bodies it uses.

BUT I was wondering if I could add a relation inside of the IF statement that would allow me to suppress feature(s).

R and P are my 2 controlling parameters, R selects one of the three main hole patterns, and P selects one of the number of holes within the three main patterns.

Here is the relations I am using:

/* RELATIONS TO DETERMINE HOLE COUNT IN R
IF R ==4
p138 = P/4
p154 = P/4-1
p170 = p138
d158 = ((p170-1)*d168)/2
p186 = P/4+1
d174 = ((p186-1)*d184)/2
ENDIF
IF R==3
p138 = P/3 -1
p154 = P/3
p186 = P/3+1
ENDIF
IF R ==2
p138 = (P-1)/2
ENDIF

/* RELATION TO DETERMINE 1ST HOLE IN PATTERS

d127 = ((p138-1)*d136)/2
d142 = ((p154-1)*d152)/2

Instead of having the 4 and 3 hole patterns be suppressed from the family table, I would rather embed it within the IF statements if possible.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

relations enables you to set value of dimension -OR- parameter, only.

Pro/PROGRAM enables you to suppress a feature.

Please upload your model using How to upload Creo (or other) files procedure.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thanks, I thought that was the case, but seems like people use relations and Pro/Program interchangeably.

Sorry I cannot upload the model due to this being part of my companies IP

Thanks

Hi,

I think that you can create and upload testing model.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags