cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Surface Blend

ptc-2151062
1-Newbie

Surface Blend

Hello all, I have basically two mirrored swept blends that meet one end (see screenshot 1). I need a way of blending together the surfaces where the two meet. Using a fillet does not produce what I want (see screenshot 2). Does anyone have any suggestions on using an advanced surfacing tool to get a smooth transition? Andri
9 REPLIES 9

You may need to be more specific about what you want it to look like. Meantime, did you try a Variable Radius Round?

David, sorry I was not more specific. I guess I do want a round with varying radius, not sure how to do that though. Is that done with the regular fillet tool? How do I specify where the radius changes? Andri
GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-2151062)

Create your round, pick the edge, but before you accept the result hover your cursor over the radius display and right click. It should say "add radius". Click on those words and you will get a second radius which you can modify. You can do this multiple times. See below.

Without knowing what you want to see, it's impossible to suggest anything. The round WILL work, but why is it not the shape you want? You can mold or cast the result, which is what I'm assuming you're doing, so????? Do you want a flat surface between the 2 halves, then a round at the bottom of the "V"? Actually, the round as shown will save material per part vs. what I just mentioned.

If the variable raduis round is still not what you want, then I would have to suggest the long way. This would be using sketches and cures to create blends. This could be done with the standard sketcher and boundry blends or with the ISDX (style) tools. I personally reccomend the style tools if you want better control over the result or a curvature continiuos surface.

Thank you all for your input. What I ended up doing was revolving a solid for the "neck" portion of the valve, and then using a variable radius round in the intersection. Andri

"Andri Ulrich" wrote:

Thank you all for your input. What I ended up doing was revolving a solid for the "neck" portion of the valve, and then using a variable radius round in the intersection. Andri

I thought in the 'old' days it was easy to create points along a curve. What's the trick with WF3? I want to create a few along a curve to set up for a swept blend cut I need later. Thanks,

For some reason I can no longer upload an attachment. Clicking "Add Attachment" gives the following error: "Could not access ftp directory: '/opt/d00/content/download/docs/forums/thumbs'. Please check your FTP Settings." I've tried a different browser, same issue. File type and size are ok. Any ideas? Andri
Top Tags