cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Surface Finish Symbols

scserep
1-Newbie

Surface Finish Symbols

Greetings....

Does anyone know of a place to obtain a .sym for a customizable surface finish symbol with groups. I am looking for something like the ANSI/ISO weld symbols that allow you to build a symbol on-the-fly.

The default symbols available to me only allow the Ra value to be shown outside the flag. (generic/machined/unmachined with "no_value1.sym" and "standard1.sym") I need to add the sampling length and secondary Rt value under the flag. I can always build a custom symbol, but would much rather use a developed surface finish symbol with groupings.

WF2 / M280

Regards,

Scott Cserep
Design Engineer
(ph)815-874-7821 ext 2920
(fx)815-874-2144

--
This e-mail and any attachments contain privileged or confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any copying, distribution, dissemination or action taken in relation to the contents of this e-mail and any of its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, you must notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original e-mail and destroy any copies or printouts of this e-mail as well as any attachments. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bergstrom Inc. The recipient is solely responsible for checking this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Bergstrom Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail. Notice is hereby given that no representation, contract or other binding obligation shall be created for and on behalf of Bergstrom Inc. by this e-mail. Any representations, contract or other binding obligations shall be separately executed in writing and can be signed only by a duly authorized officer of Bergstrom Inc.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
dgallup
4-Participant
(To:scserep)

There are built in symbols that should do what you want. In part mode it is Setup/Symbol/Custom. Then in the dialog box at the top "Look In" choose System Syms. There you will find isosurftext & surftestsymlib which is the ANSI symbol. I believe they let you create every legal surface texture symbol. I redefined them & made my own symbols because the "extension bar" that you get when you specify things like cutoff lenght is way too long.

The standard surface texture symbol in the system symbols library has what you need (surftexture).

Eric

dgallup
4-Participant
(To:scserep)

Top Tags