cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Surface region failed after model modification. Redefining not possible.

gcsillagh
3-Visitor

Surface region failed after model modification. Redefining not possible.

Dear All,

A simulation has been run on a model, using surface regions. The sketches of the regions were made in the model (paramteric module) and they were the bases of the surface regions created in simulate.

I modified the model and tried to make the (same) simulation again. The surface regions failed to generate.

I tried to fix them, but there is no way to "Edit definiton" of the surface region feature.

There is an "Edit definiton" option at the sketch of surface region feature but it is not working, nothing happens.

The model has been modified but the sketch has not been modified.

Probably some surfaces (used in the surface region features) disappeared with the modifications I made on the model. I need to remove those from the definition of surface regions but it is impossible.

Seems like I have only one option: delete the surface region features and create them again. In this case I will lose lots of connections with the convection condition features in thermal mode.

Is there a way to repair failed definitions instead of redefining them? Anyone with similar experiences?

Thank you in advance!

Gabor

Creo Simulate 2.0

Datecode M110

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags