cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Surfacing - Maybe this has been answered before but I cannot find it.

bafoster84
11-Garnet

Surfacing - Maybe this has been answered before but I cannot find it.

Hello all,

After filling a notch in a rounded surface I merged them but the edges (facet) remains. Is there anyway to "repair" the the two surfaces so there are no edges. (See below)

2Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:bafoster84)

Are you going to make it solid? Then try Flexible > Remove. If you have Flexible.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Just a few cursory observations:

(1) If the notch is a feature, why not just delete or suppress the feature?

(2) Why use surfaces? That is the most complicated way to do this. I would probably just use a protrusion from the flat face adjacent to the notch. Have it extrude up to the flat wall with the two fillets and it should be okay.

(3) Whatever method you use, you should probably check the accuracy (File->Prepare->Model Properties->Accuracy). Set it to absolute, usually the default number is okay. This can make troubles with edges matching go away.

Of course, we don't know where the model is coming from. It could be a downloaded model. These often have odd surfaces.

The surface did come from a downloaded model.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

Are you going to make it solid? Then try Flexible > Remove. If you have Flexible.

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

This can be done using surface offset command:

1. copy the surrounding surface.

2. offset and replace the surface patch using the surface copied in step (1)Capture.PNG

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Assuming this is a cylinder, use the convert in the import data doctor.  Pick both sides of the cylinder then convert to cylinder.

You do not even need to create the fill surface.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags