cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Swept Blend technical problem

秉李_8383802
4-Participant

Swept Blend technical problem

I have a problem about Swept Blend failure. I have made two 2D sections and a reference line, but I can not build a 3D part. As I pull the starting section over a specific point, it can build a part. I have tried several ways like changing the size and shape of the 2D section but I still do not know how to solve this problem. I uploaded some screenshots. If you need the prt file please let me know. 

If anyone knows how to solve this problem please reply below, thank you.

Sorry that it was writtin in Chinese couse I clicked the "post" button while I was useing translating feature in Chrome. I have changed it back to English. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It appears that your trajectory radius is to small for the height of the section.  The smallest radius in your trajectory can be not be smaller than the distance from the trajectory to the to the farthest point on the section to the inside of the radius. 

With a small radius in the trajectory the end of the section will start moving backward as it goes through the arc, maintaining perpendicularity.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

It appears that your trajectory radius is to small for the height of the section.  The smallest radius in your trajectory can be not be smaller than the distance from the trajectory to the to the farthest point on the section to the inside of the radius. 

With a small radius in the trajectory the end of the section will start moving backward as it goes through the arc, maintaining perpendicularity.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
秉李_8383802
4-Participant
(To:kdirth)

Thank you very much 🙏. The explanation is exhaustive. After noticing the solution you gave, I changed the shape of the reference line (make the trajectory radius longer), and the part was successfully built! I can move on to the next step. Actually, I am making a self watering concrete plant pot. I will print it out and make a silicon mold with it, and then grout the concrete into the mold to make the pot. 

I have been using Creo since I was in junior high school, after 4 years (I am a high-school student now), still have a lot to learn! 

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags