cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Symbol name in the drawing tree

Dom_BOUCHARDY
9-Granite

Symbol name in the drawing tree

Hi all,

In CREO 7.0.2.0 or in CREO 8.0.5.0, we want to see the symbol name in the drawing tree.

In the following pic, you can see:

1 - the Symbol

2 - the symbol name

3 - the drawing tree (Creo 8 version)

Dom_BOUCHARDY_0-1690291657582.png

I think the symbol name is saved somewhere, and I think it should be possible to extract it in order to make it appear in the drawing tree. I thought it was possible to save the drawing tree as drwtreetool.txt, but I couldn't find the file.

Could you help me to find the txt file, and how to view the symbol name in the drawing tree?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Dom_BOUCHARDY)

At this time, I believed your only option is to manually rename the symbol.

If they do make a change to use the symbol name in the model tree, I would expect it to have a number appended to it to allow for multiple instances to be used (name_1, name_2, name_3....).

There is always more to learn in Creo.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I do not think this is possible at this time. Same for table names, which I have asked for.

The system knows the information, but the programmers have not written the code to be useful in putting that information into the drawing tree.

Hi,

Thanks.

Maybe in a future release?

Regards

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:Dom_BOUCHARDY)

At this time, I believed your only option is to manually rename the symbol.

If they do make a change to use the symbol name in the model tree, I would expect it to have a number appended to it to allow for multiple instances to be used (name_1, name_2, name_3....).

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Hi,

Thanks for the workaround.
It's not very satisfying, but we'll deal with it 🙂

Regards

Top Tags