cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Symbolic dimensions in a pattern table

RichP
1-Newbie

Symbolic dimensions in a pattern table

Hello,

I am trying to make a table driven pattern where the copies are located relative to the pattern leader or driven by other model parameters. If I enter a parametric relationship, it appears that Creo evaluates the equation and replaces it with a constant.

For example, a datum point located at x = 1.5, y = 1 (symbolic names are x_dim and y_dim, respectively) being patterned:

! idz x_dim(1.5) y_dim(1)

2 * y_dim + 1

3 * y_dim + 6

4 * -y_dim

becomes this when I reopen the table:

! idz x_dim(1.5) y_dim(1)

2 * 2

3 * 7

4 * -1

It appears that I could write a relation to drive these, but it seems a little cubersome.

Thanks, Rich

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:RichP)

I would put it in the relations, add a parameter for the value being added and the resultant dimension, then add those parameters to the family table. So, you'd have a column for the value of y, then a column for the value added (1, 6, etc.), then a column that would simply show the result (non-editable, just for display). I've done this kind of stuff in the past. You have to split it up, but it's easily done.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags