cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

TEMPLATE ASM AND DRW

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

TEMPLATE ASM AND DRW

Good morning,

i'm to trying to make a template asm and drw in order to create different version of the same file.

what i did until now:

1. create template asm
  2. create template drw with the same name of template asm in order to create simultaneously asm and drw
  3. put in template asm the color i need
  4. in drw i have a format with table that recalls parameter in model (ex &description:mdl)

when i choose NEW->ASSEMBLY i use template asm, then i assemble the subassy i need, compile the parameters, and then save.

when i open the drw automatically created, the table with parameters are not filled....

can you help me?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Just open them, then store them. Voila, up to date! They shouldn't affect functionality as it is even though.

Good day Christian Spinelli‌ and John Mathew

I have edited John's post and removed the link because the link was not relevant to the conversation.

John, did you happen to post the wrong one?  If it was not an accident, please do not post links like that.

Best,

Toby

habdul
6-Contributor
(To:cspinelli)

Make sure model parameter resides in the top assembly (presumably the active model on the drawing.)

Try removing :mdl from the syntax. &(parameter_name) takes value from the model already. &(parameter_name):d take parameter value from the drawing.

tdowney
4-Participant
(To:cspinelli)

Try being in Template mode when you add the parameters to the drawing.  To get into Template mode, GOTO Tools > Template...

Top Tags