cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Table Insertion Point when using Insert Table from File

ZWei
6-Contributor

Table Insertion Point when using Insert Table from File

Is it possible to change the "insertion point" of table that is inserted using Table from file? 

For eg: instead of inserting using the upper left point, i would like to use the lower right

ZWei_1-1614954010105.png

2 REPLIES 2
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:ZWei)

@ZWei wrote:

Is it possible to change the "insertion point" of table that is inserted using Table from file? 

For eg: instead of inserting using the upper left point, i would like to use the lower right

ZWei_1-1614954010105.png

Hi,

I think this functionality is not implemented. You have to place a table "somewhere" and then use Move Special command to move specific table corner to specific place.

Martin Hanák
lhoogeveen
17-Peridot
(To:ZWei)

I believe it used to be possible by changing the Table Direction - we have drawing tables that have different insertion corners when inserting Table from File. But in Creo 4 M130 changing the table direction doesn't seem to change the insertion point anymore?? Probably needs to get reported to PTC.

Maybe it'll work on your version of Creo... You can change the direction of the table by Select Table>Properties>Then pick the desired corner in the 'Direction' section. However, this will flip of all the cells in your table (top row becomes bottom row and/or left column swaps with right column) and you may need redo the table after the direction has changed. Changing the table direction changes which direction things move when adding new rows/columns and also allows for Repeat Region tables that fill from the bottom up.

Creo Change Drawing Table Direction.jpg

Top Tags