cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Tabs for open objects in Creo (like was in ProE)

LawrenceS
18-Opal

Tabs for open objects in Creo (like was in ProE)

We are still using WF4 and I am playing around with Creo2 in order to migrate in the near future. Does anyone know how to show tabs for open items in Creo like ProE can? You could actually put the tabs above your screen or to the left, which I prefered.

For those not familiar ProE could display Tabs for all open objects, very similar to what Firefox and other std browsers do. This way I can see all objects I have open and click any one to activate. It is great. I am now used to this but I cannot find this feature in Creo and do NOT want to give it up. Any ideas?

tabs_horizontal.JPG tabs_vertical.JPG

Method: Add visability toolbar then drag the command "(List of Current Windows)" into the visability toolbar and you have tabs. Beautiful...for ProE anyway

Does anyone know how to do this in Creo?

Thanks, in advance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
15 REPLIES 15

I don't think this is possible...

Samuel Brantner
B&W Software GmbH

Hi Lawrence,

just started working with Creo 1 myself, i noticed this too. The nearest thing to these tabs, that i can see, is the windows icon in the quick access toolbar, click this & you get a list of opened parts, drawings etc & you can activate the relevant file.

Regards

John

Samual and John, thanks for the comments.

Yes I noticed this windows icon also. If I am not mistaken this pretty much the same as going to menu, windows back in ProE, and is missing the visual organization aspect of using tabs in ProE (or IE, Firefox, Chrome)

Maybe I will submit an enhancement request. Would either of you find the tab functionality useful? Does anyone else want this functionality in Creo?

If I sumbit an enhancement requrest I can refer to this post if there are a lot of people would find this feature useful. So as a poll for all ProE/Creo users:

1. Did you know about tabs in ProE?
  2. Did you use tabs in ProE?
  3. Do you (or perhaps your coworkers) want to use tabs in Creo?

Thank you!

Lawrence

Doesn't Win 7 give you this capability John Pryal refers to above.

CTRL+Tab normally does this in most programs anyway at least in SolidWorks which Wildfire 5 finally fixed their 90deg only ellipse rotation and RMB Context Selection constraints with.
Have you tried that. The tabs are a lot less ugly than the Slew of windows and CTRL+A Activate window problems that have existed for years.

Michael

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:mjcole_ptc)

The issue is that you can go between tabs, but the tabs isn't activated.

when Brian Thompson was here in India for presentation he did mention that Creo 3.0 would have this functionality. we would be able to switch to another window and it would be activated automatically.

I have to admit, 7 years on Proe and i did not know about this tab functionality till i saw this here today. Proe is a wonderful mystery.

The tabs do not only allow you to change/active one another object in session with a single click, but also allows the user to see all objects that are open (not just part of the name but the entire name).

To me, being able to easily see everything in session is as important as being able to quickly switch between open objects. They really go hand-in-hand

As far as I have seen, Win7 does not do both of these things.

Remember to vote on this in the Product Idea Section if you want this functionality to return:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2202

(FYI. links usually need to be manually pasted into the address bar because of glitch on this website)

If you want tabs in Creo, Please vote on this now so PTC will know that this is important and add it back in as an enhancement:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2202

(if link does not work, then you have to manually copy and past the link into the address bar)

Thank you. How did you get this link to work? WHere did you copy it from? Did you have to edit it to get it to work?

You have to go to your browsing history from the link button and link community links from there.

Antonius, Do you mean your browser's browsing history or this website's browsing history? I cannot find my browsing history on this website.

links.JPG

Cool, I had no idea that you could insert links in that way! Thanks for sharing.

Top Tags