cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Tabulate X Y positions of holes from reference

ErikClacey
12-Amethyst

Tabulate X Y positions of holes from reference

I have a large rectangular metal sheet. On it I have placed 40+ components with 3-4 screws each attaching them to the sheet. So I need to make the equivalent threaded holes in the sheet. I guess that I should reference the screws onto the sheet to make the holes but is there then a way of then tabulating the coordinates X, Y of the holes(or points for that matter) from a coordinate system set at 0,0? In the drawing I can then make a table of the 120+ coordinates instead of having dimensions cluttering the drawing. I can then also copy this table out to excel and other programs for other analysis. I would then also use this table to place other components in these coordinates.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Just found the Hole Table function in the drawing and can make use of it, once I figure out how to export the data into excel or a text file.

Top Tags