cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Text Underline

joe_c
12-Amethyst

Text Underline

Folks

I am trying to underline a particular word onthenotes in my model.See attached:underline FILLER.Apparently,notepad doesnt support underline.. I dont want to split my notes andcreate the separate underlined wordin the drawing or for that matter create a separate note on the model. I like to keep it as is

What else can I do?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Joe,

Separate the word to be underlined using {1:______}, thus:

{1:FILLER} - 9258026-1

Then:

* 'OK' the note dialogue box

* The note should still be selected (if not, then select it)

* Click to select again, while pointing at the word to be
changed

* RMB and select Text Style

* Select 'Underlined' and OK.

HTH,

Jonathan

Easy. Change your note so it looks like this; put the word "FILLER" on its own line.

FILLER

- 9258026-1 [the rest of your note follows as normal]

Now, ok so you're not in the note interface. Single click the note then mouse-over the line that contains the word FILLER. You should see that single word highlight. Single click on that, right mouse button, text style. Now you'll see an interface that allows you to check the Underline box and it will only apply to that single word. Check the box and OK the interface to see FILLER underlined.

Now clear your selection (or Window > Activate) and double click the note. You'll see brackets around FILLER like so {1:FILLER}. Back the rest of the line... the " - 9258026-1 etc." so it's on the same line as FILLER.

(Or do what Jonathan said. It's the same effect in the end.)

In Reply to Joe cosme:

Folks

I am trying to underline a particular word onthenotes in my model.See attached:underline FILLER.Apparently,notepad doesnt support underline.. I dont want to split my notes andcreate the separate underlined wordin the drawing or for that matter create a separate note on the model. I like to keep it as is

What else can I do?

MikePhillips
6-Contributor
(To:joe_c)

Joe,

It looks like you are trying to do this in the model (not on a drawing). If
so, it is not possible (as far as I know) to underline a single word in a
multi-line note that is in a model/assembly. We had a need for the same
capability here and I was told by PTC that it is currently not possible but
may be possible in Creo 3.0

Regards,

Mike Phillips