cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Text on a 3d model?

MikeMinsterkett
1-Newbie

Text on a 3d model?

Hi All,

I am trying to create a label where I have several lines of text. I would like this to be viewable on the 3d model. In the past I would just add it via cosmetic sketch or just a sketch. The problem is each line is seperate. Ideally I would like to have it in a sketched off area where I could just type in the text & it automatically fit. Doesd anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Mike,

Can you give some more information? Sketcher allows you make texts with different fonts. If that is not what you need, then maybe you are trying to trace an imported text string.

If you use Sketcher to create your text, you then have to follow that up with the Project tool (if merely cosmetic) or the Offset tool (if bossing or debossing).

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

Basically i just want to put multiline text in a specific area. I have attached a picture. I would like to fill the sketched area with text. I know you can create a sketch or cosmetic sketch & create individual lines but that is not what I want.

Mike,

I now understand what you want you want to do, and unfortunately, I don't know that there is a quick way to do it.

Do you have another software that could easily do what you want and export the multiline text as an IGES or DXF file, each of which can be imported into Pro/E and traced?

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin,

I guess I could create the text in a 2d drawing then exprot as iges & import into the model but one would think it should be much easier. A sketch should be the way to go but I think that it only allows 79 characters & only a single line. It would be nice if you could set boundaries & then fill with text.

Mike,

Unfortunately multiline sketcher text does not exist in Pro/ENGINEER. And everything else imported as a DWG or other would come in as individual vectors.

You would just have to insert multiple lines of sketcher text into your sketch and adjust each line for justification.

You can use various true type fonts though that was not available a ways back .

David

Thanks for your help. I have just put it in single lines.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags