cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Text parameter question

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Text parameter question

Hello all, when creating text in sketcher, the text can be entered manually or by use of a parameter. Does this parameter have to be a local parameter or can it be obtained from another model? Basically, i want to control the display/value of this text from another model. I have a work around, by relation, i make para_1=para_2, where para_1 is a local parameter in the model with the sketched text & para_2 is a local parameter in the second model. I have an assembly containing both models so this relation works for now. I just wondered if it were possible to do this directly rather than how i have it working currently.

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Creo enables user to select local part parameter only (when defining driving parameter). There is no chance to select parameter from different model.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

hi John,

Try to use Session ID.

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst
(To:James62)

Hi James, the problem is, I cannot get the driving parameter (para_2) to show, even when I open the assembly & activate the part containing the sketched text, leading me to think that it has to be a local parameter. I am not sure session id's help here.

John

Hi,

Creo enables user to select local part parameter only (when defining driving parameter). There is no chance to select parameter from different model.

MH

Martin Hanák

This is what I figured. I take it you are talking specifically about the 'use parameter' option I am having problems with & not parameters generally? Like I said, I have a work around, it works fine, I just wondered if it was possible. For now I will credit you with a correct answer.

Thanks Martin

Top Tags