cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Thermal Analysis of our Solar System

fphelps
1-Newbie

Thermal Analysis of our Solar System

Hello all,

I am in a projects class for school. In this class I am wanting to run a thermal analysis of our solar system. Is it possible to setup the solar system as a mechanism with planets revolving around the the sun and their axis, and while doing this also run a simulation at the same time? If so does anyone have any points as far as setup or things to think about and take into account. My plane as of now is to scale down the actual numbers as to not overload creo with the numbers. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I doubt that Creo Simulate can handle body-body (i.e. sun to planets, planets to planets) radiation. FloEFD is a CFD software that you can embed in the Creo environment and it handles radiation quite well, it might work there.

Mats - Thanks for the input. Another question. When you are running a transient analysis, and inputting user defined output steps. Is there a way to make your steps follow a path like a sketch line or something like that. Thanks for the help and input.Capture.PNG

gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:fphelps)

I assume you want to add movement to the simulation (in your case probably planets circling)?

Unfortunately this is not possible with Simulate. You can only vary conditions and loads over time.

Mechanism allows to simulate movements, but I doubt it can be combined with Simulate in a way you can have movements there.

Anybody with an idea how such a thing could be done?

fphelps
1-Newbie
(To:gkoch)

gkoch - Thanks for the input.

Top Tags