cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Thru Hole with thread

DeanLong
10-Marble

Thru Hole with thread

Happy back-at-it gang,

Are we still hamstrung by our bestest, fastest, most bomb-diggetyest hole feature not allowing a thru hole with a thu all thread?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
17 REPLIES 17

Dean,

I just created a thru all thread using the hole feature (Creo 2.0, M100)

[cid:image001.jpg@01CF7991.0E7CC330]

[cid:image002.jpg@01CF7991.0E7CC330]

Mike Brattoli
Moen Incorporated

Could this be a license thing....or a dreaded config option?

What's interesting is once I put a countersink or counterbore on it the thread no longer goes through the entire part - never dull.

Mike Brattoli
Moen Incorporated

NOoooooooooooooooo! 🐵

Dean Long

NeuTech Associates, Inc.

941-388-8683 office

248-563-5112 cell

www.neutechnet.com

Try changing from "up to surface" to "thru all".

I think it's another "opportunity". My option is grayed out as well but I can select Thru All from the pulldown depth icons and it works fine that way, as long as there is no counterbore/countersink.

Another interesting factoid - if I try using the depth option "Up to a selected surface/point/etc..." instead of Thru All it worked fine for me though it looked like it didn't for you - crazier by the minute! And to top it all off, with the "Up to a selected surface...." Option used I could add a counterbore / countersink and it worked perfectly!!!!!! AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH

I'm running the equivalent of the old Flex3C configuration - I also tried it using a default Foundation license - got the same results.

[cid:image004.jpg@01CF7993.B65D1260]

[cid:image003.png@01CF7993.2627CE10]

[cid:image005.png@01CF7993.B65D1260]

[cid:image006.png@01CF7993.B65D1260]

[cid:image007.png@01CF7993.B65D1260]

Mike Brattoli
Moen Incorporated

FYI.....I am in an assembly mode and it seems it still will not work after all these years.In part mode it's allowed and works fine. I don't do a lot of holes so Iwas surprised to find it's still not allowed to go thru allin .asm's. I don't understand why we still do not have this ability since the assembly model features are not affecting the parts in any way. The ATB "should" have a great grasp on this and should allow it. <sigh>

I retract.......Mr. Brattoli has the magic. Use the drag handle to tag the depth to the vertex of the I.D. The thead follows. All other bets are off.

I double retract......the thread is still not "thru all" even dragging the handle. Back to square one.

A.DelNegro
4-Participant
(To:DeanLong)

Just wondering...

What exactly does one do with a threaded-c'bored hole. Do you just put a screw in it to plug the hole?

I guess I can image some possible uses but none of them are really a 'standard' hole. More like a hole with some additional features I'll just like to be rolled into one feature.

Believe me, I'm not saying Creo is right about this but I think they were going for 'standard holes'. We of course, always want more...

T

I agree about counterbore - seen it on occasion but rarely. Figured I'd try out the options 🙂

Consistency would be greatly appreciated though from PTC

Mike Brattoli
Moen Incorporated

> What exactly does one do with a threaded-c'bored hole. Do you just put a screw in it to plug the hole?

Ring dowel?

Jonathan

"It's intended functionality, but since, in the real world, people need to do this, here is a way to bodge it so it looks approximately like what you want."

Or they could just change the spec so that Intended Functionality resembles real-life requirements...

They don't even make an attempt to justify why it is Intended.

"Earth calling Needham, Come in, Needham."

John

Here, here, Mr. Wayman!

Dean Long

NeuTech Associates, Inc.

941-388-8683 office

248-563-5112 cell

www.neutechnet.com

And for those that may need it, here is the location ofcosmetic in assembly mode to add the cosmetic thread as stated in PTC's work around.

There is a "match" that will automatically "know" what thread size to add if you choose the hole feature as the reference.

Happy Threading my friends.

cprice
6-Contributor
(To:DeanLong)

You may want to try to place a full thread in assembly mode - if my memory is correct, there is a problem doing so.

Charlie Price
Strategic Technical Services LLC
Phone 330.887.9295 Desk/Mobile/FAX
Main 888.479.1566x127
charlie.price@stechservices.com
Top Tags