cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Translate components in imported step assembly

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Translate components in imported step assembly

I've imported an assembly of a equipment rack. I need to move some of the components in the rack.

I don't really want to have to create assembly constraints just so I can move a couple parts.

Is there something like draft translate where I can move the component an x,y,z distance from its current position?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I got a couple answers. After some emails back and forth I think I have the solution. Not pretty, but it works.

In my case I'm trying to move a sub assy. So the first thing I had to do was pick the sub assy and edit definition on it.

I had to change the constraint type to Fix
[cid:image001.png@01CFB22F.03CFF0C0]

Then you can do the following:

* From the Model tab,

* Component pull down, select Component Operations,

* pick Transform.

* Select a coord sys. Select the component to move.

* Pick Translate,

* z axis, or any other axis

* enter a value,

* Done move

* Done/Return

* Regenerate the assembly At that point the item moves.

David Haigh
Top Tags