cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Trouble exporting solid part into solidworks

ptc-5749255
1-Newbie

Trouble exporting solid part into solidworks

Hi,

I am trying to export a part into solidworks for a customer. The part is a solid in creo 2 (at least as far as I can tell by looking at sections), but every file I export into solidworks and open results in a surface body. I have tried .stp, .igs, .stl, but even the .slt says that there are too many surfaces to open up as a solid body. I have opened the files in creo and they also only show surfaces. Is there something I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I cannot post the file before anyone asks.

Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hello,

You can convert your native Creo files direcly in sldprt/sldasm : http://www.datakit.com/cad-convertors/proe-creo-parametric-3d-to-solidworks-3d/25-3-0.html

Hey Jeffrey,

I'd suggest running a geometry check in Creo to see if there is any funkiness with the model.

Sometimes I also use ModelCheck if I want a quick check of the file.

Solidworks will usually open native Pro/E models, have you tried that?

Hi Jeffrey,

As Joshua suggested, it is likely something specific to that model like geometry checks, model accuracy, or component interference. As a quick test, I would create a simple solid block and export it. Does it open as a solid or surfaces? You might have a setting configured on your machine.

Top Tags