cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Trouble with Symbols in Creo 3.0

jschutte
7-Bedrock

Trouble with Symbols in Creo 3.0

Creo 3.0 M100 with Windchill 11.

Since the "upgrade" from 2.0 to 3.0 one of the many problems we've had, one that I've not been able to resolve or find a workaround for, is the placement of offset symbols.

Note flag, KPC diamonds, gage number callouts, etc... we've always used the Placement>Offset & attached it to the dimension & notes.  When revising the drawing of a part or assy, quite often when moving the dim or symbol, suddenly it seems to get snapped to a slightly different location.  So I move it where I need it.  Refresh views, snap, right back to the incorrect location.   I can delete the symbol(s), place them in the drawing again & have the same result.

What gives?  I tried searching the community using the filter but was unable to locate anything about this.

Thanks,

Joe

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

OK, opened a ticket with tech support.  They were unable to fix it so far & requested a copy of drawing that has the issue.  If they can figure it out, I will post the answer here.

I've been using PTC's CAD product (Creo, WF, ProE thanks marketing for confusing everyone) for a long time.  Creo 3.0 is giving me & my users nothing but grief.  No improvements, just moving things around & in most cases making it more difficult to use.  Text editing in drawings is a nightmare where it used to be quite easy.  Thanks to M100 I can still do it the old way but selecting & editing is tricky & results in multiple clicks to select the object.

Top Tags