cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Tubes for a Drift trike project

mdelamaire
1-Newbie

Tubes for a Drift trike project

Hello,

I'm a student in France and I'm working on a project consisting in modeling some Drift Trike frames that will be built later. My ideas for the frames are pretty complicated and I heard that AFX would be a good tool to make that. But unfortunately I can't access this tool with my student license, so is it possible to get some kind of cd key or temporary access to the Advanced Framework Extension, or is it possible to do a project like mine without this extension and how? ( I haven't found any tutorial on internet that isn't using AFX )

Thank you for your answer and sorry if my English is inaccurate.

Cordially, Matthieu Delamaire

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

AFX (module code 213) is included in CREOPMA_Schools3 license. Try to ask your Creo administrator at school, if he can request Creo Schools Premium Standalone license for your computer.

See:

Schools Premium Standalone License | PTC

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Matthieu,

You do not need AFX to build your tubes. Model them in standard Creo.

Dean

Hi,

AFX (module code 213) is included in CREOPMA_Schools3 license. Try to ask your Creo administrator at school, if he can request Creo Schools Premium Standalone license for your computer.

See:

Schools Premium Standalone License | PTC

MH

Martin Hanák

I agree with Dean, just modell it using standard features in creo.

Btw, check this out:

Tube Frame Structure using Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 4.0 - NASCAR or Bike frame - YouTube

Might give you some idea´s.

//Tobias

dsimmons
5-Regular Member
(To:mdelamaire)

Without EFX, one of the guys I used to work with had, in this case, tubing start parts and the length, diameter and wall thickness were parameters that he not only could adjust, but used to report to a BOM. for angled cuts he just trimmed as needed, but still have the overall length for order by. Wouldn't be too helpful for sweeps, but for any straight parts it would get you quite a way down the road. Then all that is needed is to do the BOM summations and you have a neat cut/order list.

Salut Matthieu,

Although AFX would help, it is certainly not needed. As I assume your tubes are not all straight, using Sweep through curve using points will get you there and solve your requirements for the most intricate curvatures.

First, thank you everyone for your answers. So I asked for a Schools Premium Standalone License to if it was possible to have one, and the tutorial video proposed by Tobias Larsson is very good so I will do it like shown in this video if I can't access to AFX because it was exactly what I was looking for.

glad i could help!

//Tobias

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

I just want to see pictures of the drift bike frame when you model it.

bbrejcha
12-Amethyst
(To:Inoram)

I was hoping to create another video this week or next using Creo 3.0 ... I really wanting to get on to Creo 4.0 early  so I could get videos started there for the user base.  Some of the videos we have on youtube are 7+ years old.  We are excited to simply re-do those.   It's the same workflow in WF 2.0 vs Creo 2.0 really.  Design-Engine's - YouTube

Thanks for posting that video Tobias.

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

-

I will post some pictures of the 2 first frames that I have made last week, maybe sunday. They are inspired from 2 trikes that I have fiddled 1 year ago in my garage. There is 2 other trikes that are still in modelling but I'm a bit blocked for these two because I'm limited by my capacities with CREO 2.0, I'm not able to model everything I want like curves in space... or not with the exact shape or method that I want at least. But YouTube is my teacher actually so I will be able to do it soon.

Moreover I'm waiting for an answer from PTC for a premium student license so I hope I will be able to access AFX in few days.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine

Are you trying to model something other then round tube for a frame? I want to model now just for practice, but not sure I will have time right away.

Top Tags