cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Turning features on/off depending on relations

Ronald1
1-Newbie

Turning features on/off depending on relations

Hello everyone,

I need to make two diferent extrusion cut backs on a part, depending on the value of an angle dimension.

So my question is "is there a way to turn on or off (suppress or unsuppress) features depending

on the value of the angle dimension?

kind regards,

Ronald

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ronald...

You might want to try a program to do this. You can suppress and resume features using a program based upon the value of an angle or other dimension. It's a bit beyond what I can show in a brief email but take a look at the help files and see if they make sense.

If you get stuck, write back and I'll try to step you through the procedure.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Ronald1)

You can have a family table where one instance has the value of the cutbacks at one set for the first angle and the another instance has another set of values for the next angle for as may angles as you have.

You can also turn feature off/on for the angle values as well as change the values.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

If you need help with family tables, I use them quite a bit.

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the responce.

I thought about family tables, but the problem is that the geometry of the cut backs changes, depending

on the the position of my actual part within an assembly.

The actual part is an extrusion to a conical part at a changable distance to the centerline of that conical part.

So the connection face of the extrusion to the cone, and therefor the the angle of this face and the vertical face, changes accordingly. Also the curve witch is created at the intersection of part and cone, changes accordingly, and this curve is used in my sketch for the cutback.

Therefore i thought working with different instances in a family table couldent be the sulution for my problem.

Also the different cutbacks should be preformed automaticly depending on the measured angle dimension, when the part changes position (relation with the angle dimension). In a family we have to turn it on or off manualy, and the instances created in family tables are fixed situations at that time, or am i wrong?

Hi Ronald...

You might want to try a program to do this. You can suppress and resume features using a program based upon the value of an angle or other dimension. It's a bit beyond what I can show in a brief email but take a look at the help files and see if they make sense.

If you get stuck, write back and I'll try to step you through the procedure.

Thanks!

-Brian

Hello Brian,

I have solved the problem by modifying the part program, as you mensioned, and it works verry well.

So thanks a lot for the info.

kind regards,

Ronald

Top Tags