cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Two BOM Balloons for same component

AnkurAggarwal
1-Newbie

Two BOM Balloons for same component

Hi All, In drawing of an assembly, I have an exploded view and a front sectioned view. I want to show all balloons in both the views. But once I show all balloons in one view, I am not able to show balloons in other view. How can I show all balloons in other view also? Ankur.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

You cannot show more than one balloon per component unless you have more than one of the same item. The trick for you would be to add another table and repeat region to your drawing and balloon from that one. The only other way to do this would be to place manual balloons not tied to a repeat region (BOM).

Thanks Eric.

One more question regarding repeat region. In BOM table, the sequence of components is not as per the model tree. How can I make it as per model tree sequence. I know I can do Fix Index. Is there any other method? Thanks Ankur

Remove the sorting in the repeat region (clear all). Many of us sort by part number and sometimes those numbers don't match up to the model tree.

Eric, I checked it out, there is no sorting in the repeat region. Is there any other reason that BOM table do not match model tree?

Is the model/rep in the region the same as the model tree? Remember you can add a model view and then show in tree or set to be the active model in the drawing without effecting the BOM. I would need more information on your BOM to figure out why.

Yes model and rep (REP1 in my case) is same in model tree as in the repeat region. May be there is some setting needs to be done in .dtl file?

You can show reference balloons.
Top Tags