cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Two items cylinder constrained to one object

ieuanpd275
3-Visitor

Two items cylinder constrained to one object

Hello, I am currently designing a tambourine in Creo, when attatching the cymbals to a rod in the assembly I have cylinder constrained them. The problem I am having is that the cymbals are overlapping as they move along this rod - is there a way of constraining the cymbals to not overlap with each other as they move? The cymbals can all theoretically occupy the same space, I just don't want them to at the same time, any help on this would be greatly apprecfiated - cheers!

6 REPLIES 6

@ieuanpd275 wrote:

Hello, I am currently designing a tambourine in Creo, when attatching the cymbals to a rod in the assembly I have cylinder constrained them. The problem I am having is that the cymbals are overlapping as they move along this rod - is there a way of constraining the cymbals to not overlap with each other as they move? The cymbals can all theoretically occupy the same space, I just don't want them to at the same time, any help on this would be greatly apprecfiated - cheers!

Hi,

how did you assemble "cymbals" ? Can you zip+upload your assembly ?

Martin Hanák

Here it is:

You will need to put movement limits in the connection definitions:cylinder_limits.png

Does that fix the problem of items overlapping though, if both cymbals are free to move up the entitrety of the rod then surely they can still both be in the same place at the same time?

I was suggesting you have a cylinder connection between the cymbals such that they cannot occupy the same space...  It's not realistic to have both able to move the entirety of the rod.

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:pausob)

I would suggest putting a second connection in the second cymbal to limit its movement relative to the first cymbal.

The bottom cymbal should be limited to the bottom of the rod and the top cymbal to the top of the rod.  The second cymbal needs a second connection to the first cymbal limiting how close it can get to the first.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags