cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Unable to click-select a part in assembly

agrajsobti
1-Newbie

Unable to click-select a part in assembly

Version: Creo Parametric 4.0

I am working on an assembly and want to measure the distance of a part surface from a reference. The problem is, when I hover my mouse over the part, it fails to highlight the part surface. No matter what I do, I cannot click on the part or select it to edit definition or measure part features. I can very well select the part from the model tree and edit definitions, but cannot click on the part itself in the model space. I can click-select all the other parts in the assembly in the model space, just not this particular part. Anyone faced this issue before? 

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No idea what automatic rep means. The geometry was a .prt file and meant fro Creo. It was working just fine before, then one fine day it started acting weird.

I re-downloaded the part from the website and replaced the old part and now it works just fine. Maybe the old part was just corrupted (Don't know how that happened. I was having some issues because I had not saved the parts/assembly directly in the working directory. Maybe that caused a problem?). But very weird behavior by the software.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Are you using the Automatic Rep?

Is the geometry imported from another CAD system?

Dave Martin - dmartin@creowindchill.com - https://www.mcaeconsulting.com

No idea what automatic rep means. The geometry was a .prt file and meant fro Creo. It was working just fine before, then one fine day it started acting weird.

I re-downloaded the part from the website and replaced the old part and now it works just fine. Maybe the old part was just corrupted (Don't know how that happened. I was having some issues because I had not saved the parts/assembly directly in the working directory. Maybe that caused a problem?). But very weird behavior by the software.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags