cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Unfolding a FPC copper pattern in Creo 2.0 (M120)

ptc-4920753
1-Newbie

Unfolding a FPC copper pattern in Creo 2.0 (M120)

Hello

I'm an antenna designer and I'm currently working on an antenna design on a Flexible Printed Circuit Board (FPC). I use Creo to model my antenna design in 3D, which I can then export to an EM simulator.

The FPC consists of a substrate and a copper pattern. The substrate is an unbroken solid and I can unfold that part with no issues. I can also unfold my copper pattern (the antenna) as long as I keep it as an unbroken solid. However, some antenna designs uses components whereby the antenna pattern is no longer an unbroken solid and I can't not unfold it anymore. See example below;

CreO_FPC.JPG

The substrate and the copper pattern are modeled in 2 different parts and converted to sheetmetal after I thicken the surface.

I know that sheetmetals normally are unbroken solids and this is probably why I can't unfold my antenna design. But is there another way I can do this in Creo ?

Thanks in advance,

Simon

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Spinal bend.

mborowicz
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4920753)

Hi Simon

Please look Unfolding a FPC copper - YouTube

Top Tags