cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Unix platform transfer

gfranklin
1-Newbie

Unix platform transfer

I am using Creo Parametric 5.0 5.0.5.0

User is receiving a message - "This file has been transferred from a Unix platform to a Windows platform using a non-binary method " and then Creo crashes. To the best of his knowledge, all files were created by the user or other users within the company.

Here are the errors that I faced
This file has been transferred from a Unix platform to a Windows platform using a non-binary method
1 REPLY 1

Sounds like a misdirected error message, maybe. Are you sure the file was created by someone with the same version of Creo that you are trying to use to read it? There's a tendency with releases of Creo to not have files be backward compatible (i.e. a part created in Creo 4.0 might not be readable by Creo 3.0). Maybe that's the case and the error message is just not correct?

Alternatively, was the file "transferred" or otherwise altered on a Unix based system? For example, Mac OS X is based upon Unix, or maybe Linux? Is the file actually binary or non-binary? Text files from Windows and Unix-based operating systems differ in the characters they use to designate end-of-line and line-feed.

Since there aren't any versions of Creo that I know of that will run on a Unix-based operating system (that ended back in the Pro/Engineer days), it can't be that a person was able to make the file on such a system...

Top Tags