cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

User defined feature parameter

DaveIgnaczak
5-Regular Member

User defined feature parameter

Hi everyone,

I have a part model template. As I work on the model, I add user-defined parameters for the features. Is there a way to have this feature parameter automatically added when features are created so I don't have to create it every time?

Currently I have to click in my user-defined parameter column of the model tree to create the parameter for each feature. It would be nice if it was already in there so I could just edit it.

It would save a few steps each time. It's also annoying how you have to hit OK after adding the parameter and then still have to hit ENTER.

Thanks,

Dave

3 REPLIES 3

You can create the coordinate system with the note being variable as a UDF. When you add the UDF you will have the option to fill in the value for the note parameter. It will be added as a group feature that can be ungrouped.

DaveIgnaczak
5-Regular Member
(To:Kevin)

No this has nothing to do with a UDF. I posted that pic to show how the feature parameter is filled in for each feature. I want that parameter filled in automatically for each feature as it's created.

Creating it as a UDF does that; it groups the note parameter with the coordinate system. The note can have a single value or it could be variable. There would be some setup involved but its possible you could even have the parameter setup as a restricted value parameter so that the user selects from a list of values rather than typing in a value.

Top Tags