cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

User interface aid

dschenken
21-Topaz I

User interface aid

In working on drawings I'm often presented with the problem of overlapping areas of influence when it comes to selecting items.

I think it would be interesting if, as the drawing display was created and the selection areas for each item was determined, to add a transparent overlay that shows the extents of the item. These would be additive. A single overlay may be barely noticed, while a large number would tend to being opaque (except the drawing elements would be drawn last, so they would not be hidden.

If they are different tints for different types - yellow for text and symbols, green for views, red for tables and so on, then even zoomed to the point that no part of the vector image was visible, one could know that an item of that type could be selected. Likewise where they overlap, the colors would be combined to give an acummulation.

I understand that filters are available for selections, but time spent managing filters or lost by failing to do so would be lessened if one knew when the filters would be required because one could see the need.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags