cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Using projected and offset curves in swept blend

ptc-5502634
1-Newbie

Using projected and offset curves in swept blend

I am having trouble generating a swept blend through 3 sets of coordinates for a stator: hub, mid and tip. I have created a sketch for each set of coordinates and projected these onto the surface of the hub, radius 330 mm. I then offset the mid and tip sketches by the according lengths.

Creo will not let me generate a swept blend through these 3 profiles. I think the problem may lie with the fact they are curved but I am unsure as to why it will not generate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached my part model. Project 1 and 2 are the hub profiles, copy 1 and 2 are the mid and copy 3 and 4 are the tip profiles.

Thanks

Euan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Files were created in the educational version. Somebody with the student version will have to help you.

stators.jpg

That is unfortunate. Thanks for your help anyway!

This is my model so far. The straight line was my trajectory for the swept blend function.

Maybe I'm not grasping the level of control you want on the feature, but since you already have the profiles defined in their locations, why not use the boundary blend feature. Select the three profiles in the first direction and call it a day. With this method, the trajectory is not needed.

As Rick says, using boundry blend.

Otherwise, if the profile stays the same and only rotates, you could use a warp:twist feature.

Or if you want to stay with a swept blend or just a blend (since it appears to be straight) see below: You'll need to create each sketch on a plane for it to work.

sweptblend.JPG

Top Tags