cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Using "Object" in a Drawing... and Maintaining Aspect Ratio?

erine
12-Amethyst

Using "Object" in a Drawing... and Maintaining Aspect Ratio?

I'm trying to figure out how to maintain the aspect ratio of an object within my drawing.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  If so, how?

Thanks!

Creo 4.0 / M060
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

For bitmaps I create a part with a surface and apply the bitmap to the surface. In the drawing I create a shaded view of the part. The scale and location of the view can be easily modified without modifying the aspect ratio. This technique is especially handy if the bitmap will appear in multiple drawings and there's a chance it might need to be changed in all those drawings while remaining identical.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:erine)

What kind of object?

If you are talking about the size of a view on a drawing, take a look at DRAWING_SCALE_FACTOR

Setting the correct DRAWING_SCALE_FACTOR in a part of assembly will result in a drawing view that will remain the same size, no matter how big or small your part/assembliy will be.

Only downside is that the drawing will not have a fixed scale like 1:5 or 1:10.

I'd like to know also... I often place labels & tables into drawings ... I usually place a table outline into my drawing and stretch the ole / object to fit my table outline..

it's the quickest solution I've found??? for accurate paint shop / Ole objects...

thanks...

For bitmaps I create a part with a surface and apply the bitmap to the surface. In the drawing I create a shaded view of the part. The scale and location of the view can be easily modified without modifying the aspect ratio. This technique is especially handy if the bitmap will appear in multiple drawings and there's a chance it might need to be changed in all those drawings while remaining identical.

erine
12-Amethyst
(To:kgriffith-4)

This is a ridiculous workaround, but it works for me after trying it.

I see that you're a Community Champion.  Do you know how to suggest to PTC that this be improved upon? There are some things with CREO that are not user-friendly at all.

Creo 4.0 / M060

How are you applying your bitmap to the surface...?

Are you using Appearances / Decals??

Yes.

Top Tags