cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Using_smt_thickness in relations

jdunham
1-Newbie

Using_smt_thickness in relations

I would like to show the sheetmetal thickness on my drawing IF the part is a sheetmetal part. I can do this by starting a "startpart" that has already be defined as a sheetmetal part, pass the parameter within relations and then call it out on the drawing.

But there is aways a reason to swtich from a standard model to a sheetmetal model after it is created. Before the part is defined as a sheetmetal model SMT_THICKNESS = YES. When you change the part to sheetmetal it equals zero or whatever the thickness is. The problem comes when you have to pass it within relations to get it to show up on the drawing. The ralations fail if it is a standard model so I can't have the parameter passed unless it is a sheetmetal model. I tryed to place an "IF" statement around the passing line but IF SMT_THICKNESS "YES" does not work. I tried "TRUE" and other cobinations but nothing works. Please help.

Here is what I wanted:

IF smt_thickness "YES"

metal_thickness = smt_thickness

endif

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

A couple of suggestions that I have recived so far is to use "0" (the number) use double equal signs. "=="

The "0" doesn't work (without quotes in relations) because it is a YES\NO when not in sheetmetal (but I still tried and failed.) "==" is a question vs setting the value but it doesn't work and I want to know when it is not true not when it is true. " and "!=" should both work for this effort. I have " elsewhere in the same set of relations so I stuck with that.

Keep them coming guys, I know it has to be something easy.

Some how my less than and greater than signs are getting cut out of my posts. I guess just place them where you see double quotes and nothing in them.

Top Tags